Monday 29 April 2013

Layout Construction

I have progressed a bit further with the layout construction.  The end wall had a chimney breast sticking out of it, so I have now framed it out and boarded it, to give it a better finish.

 
I have no altered the high level shelf to take my staging area.  But as you can see I am keeping all my Stock and Buildings here just now, until I have finished the workshop at the end.  I am no master joinery, but I have managed to put a 6 inch (150mm) facer board around the edges of the layout, it sits about 10mm about the insulation.  When the road plates are added these should just sit below the top of the wood.  Way down the line I will add a curtain of sorts below to hide all the framing below and give it a more finished look.  I plan to have switches around the edge of the layout for turning building lights on and off.  These will be set back so as not to get damaged when moving around.
 
 
 
I have a habit of keep lengths of timber, that might be useful but I am going to have to break this and clear out all the scrap wood.  I only have the Shelves at the end to build in the Workshop and also the helix and all the woodwork will be finish.  I have the weekend off and my boy is at his granny and granddads so I should be able to make a little time to do this. 
 
I am going to have to start a to do list. as I don't seem to be getting any closer to putting any track down.  To save a little money I am going to design High level track platforms to take my track around the layout, as I might need to re-mortgage the house is I am to do it in Kato Track.  The laser cutter at the club rooms will help here. 
 
My Layout plan is coming along well in AutoCAD I now have track and the road plates in position, and I have drawn up a few buildings to see how they can fit into things.  Also now the LED's are here I can start to put buildings together with lights, I am just going have to pick up some detail parts to make them look interesting inside and out.
 
Again you will have to click on this to see it better.  the road system is now in with a few buildings put in to see how they would fit.  the dashed line is where I might build a bridge to join the road system up here.  I have drawn an 8 Car Bullet train in the station to make sure this fits,  10 car trains should fit on each siding ok.  I will bee to buy a few extension pieces to lengthen the station.  Some times you can over plan things, but once I start to build stuff it will be a good reference tool, and can be altered to suit the build.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My stock level is growing fast, I have made another new addition.
 
KATO E2-1000 SERIES "HAYATE" BULLET TRAIN 4 CAR SET DCC READY

 
 
About the Loco :-
 
The E2 series (E2系?) is a Japanese high-speed Shinkansen train type operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) on the Tohoku and Nagano Shinkansen high-speed lines in Japan since 1997. They are formed in 8- and 10-car sets. The 8-car sets are used on the Nagano Shinkansen, and the 10-car sets on Tōhoku Shinkansen services. The 10-car sets can be coupled to E3 series Komachi sets using couplers hidden behind retracting nose doors.
 
They operate at a maximum speed of 275 km/h (170 mph) on the Tohoku Shinkansen and 260 km/h (160 mph) on the Nagano Shinkansen.
As of 1 April 2012, there are 53 E2 series sets (14 8-car "N" sets and 39 10-car "J" sets) in service
 
 
E2+E3kei0bandai omiya.JPG

E2 series Shinkansen at Ōmiya Station, February 2011
In service1997–Present
ManufacturerHitachi, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Nippon Sharyo, Tokyu Car Corporation
Constructed1995–2010
Refurbishment2013–
Number built502 vehicles (53 sets) (as of April 2012)
Number in service502 vehicles (53 sets) (as of April 2012)
Formation8/10 cars per trainset
Capacity10-car J sets: 815 (51 Green + 764 Standard)
8-car N sets: 630 (51 Green + 579 Standard)
OperatorJR East
Depot(s)Sendai, Nagano
Line(s) servedTōhoku Shinkansen, Joetsu Shinkansen, Nagano Shinkansen
Specifications
Car body constructionAluminium
Car length25,700 mm (84 ft 4 in)
(end cars),
25,000 mm (82 ft 0 in) (intermediate cars)
Width3,380 mm (11 ft 1 in)
Doors2 per side
Maximum speed275 km/h (170 mph) (Tōhoku Shinkansen), 260 km/h (160 mph) (Nagano Shinkansen)
Traction system(AC) MT205 (24 x 300 kW (400 hp) per 8-car train, 32 x 300 kW (400 hp) per 10-car train)
Power output7.2 MW (9,700 hp) (for 8-car train), 9.6 MW (12,900 hp) (for 10-car train)
Electric system(s)25 kV AC, 50/60 Hz overhead catenary
Current collection methodPantograph
Safety system(s)ATC-2, DS-ATC
Multiple working400/E3 series
Gauge1,435 mm (4 ft 8 12 in).
 
 
I will be looking to add the 4 car add on set to the train at some point.  but I have a few like that just now, so this will join the queue like the rest.  I pick this up for £60 and £3 postage, so all good.
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment